One of Tenerife’s most popular activities, Sunset and Stars – whereby guests experience a sunset on top of Mount Teide, a Canarian gourmet dinner and a stargazing session – will turn into a top-level gastronomic experience following the announcement that Michelin-starred Chef, Erlantz Gorostiza, is to join the team. Gorostiza, the only Chef in the Canary Islands with two prestigious Michelin stars, will be designing a brand new menu to make the gastronomic experience an additional “star” of the show.
The ‘Sunset and Stars’ experience, organised by Volcano Teide, is a highly recommended activity for visitors interested in both nature and stars. However, the recruitment of Gorostiza, who is currently head chef at M.B., the signature restaurant of renowned Spanish Chef Martín Berasategui, has now made this popular tour a must-do experience for gourmet enthusiasts as well.
Having the UNESCO-listed Teide National Park as a backdrop, ‘Sunset and Stars’ includes the following:
- Return cable car tickets to the top of Mount Teide (Spain’s highest peak)
- A glass of sparkling wine from local winery Altos de Trevejos at 3,555 metres high
- A spectacular sunset from Pico Viejo view point
- A gourmet-style dinner featuring Canarian dishes and volcanic wines
- A stargazing session with English-speaking guides and long-range telescopes.
As well as being Europe’s most visited national park, the Teide National Park is also considered one of the best locations on the planet for stargazing due to its clear dark skies, low light pollution and high altitude.